Dry spots in your lawn can be a frustrating problem for homeowners in Davis County, UT. These ugly brown patches can be caused by a variety of reasons, including poor watering, heavy foot traffic, and even pests and diseases. Sprinkler Master Repair (Davis County, UT) wants to share several steps that you can take to prevent dry spots from developing in your lawn.
- Look for disease/ pests in your lawn: Pests and diseases can also cause dry spots in your lawn. Be sure to look out for any signs of infestation or disease and take action if you notice anything.
- Grass seed: If you are experiencing dry spots in your lawn, consider changing the grass with a drought-tolerant mixture.
- Water your lawn correctly: Water for a long period of time, but less frequently so that the grass roots can go deep. Also, it is important to in the early morning or late evening, to avoid evaporation.
- Aerate your lawn: Aerating your lawn can help lessen compaction on your soil and it will improve drainage. Aeration is the process of creating small holes in your lawn/soil to allow water, air, and nutrients to reach the roots of the grass.
- Fertilize your lawn: Applying fertilizer to your lawn can help promote healthy growth and prevent dry spots. Be sure to use a fertilizer that is specifically formulated for your type of grass and follow the instructions on the package.
- Reduce foot traffic on your lawn: Avoiding heavy foot traffic in certain areas of your lawn can help prevent dry spots. Instead, create designated walkways to prevent soil compaction.
By following these steps, you can help avoid dry spots from developing in your lawn and keep it looking lush and green. Sprinkler Master Repair (Davis County, UT) is your local lawn experts and can help you get more specific recommendations for your lawn. Call now (801) 923-4119